Easy Crock Pot: Green Beans, Potatoes and Sausage
One of my favorite dinners at my Nana’s house growing up included green beans and potatoes. I am not sure why, but it is one of the favorite things I remember eating every time I was there. Of course, I remember her cooking the chosen meat dish in the oven, green beans in one pan, and potatoes in another. The great thing about using your slow cooker is there is so much less clean-up and way less time consumed, standing over a hot stove. Plus, there isn’t the combination of the oven and stove-top using up energy.
Want more recipes? Check out these FREE crock pot books!
- Slow Cooker Recipes: 30 Of The Most Healthy And Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes: Includes New Recipes For 2013 With Fantastic Ingredients
- How to Cook Crock pot Recipes
- Must-Have Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
I am also on a quest to incorporate more fresh foods in our meal plans.Utilizing my slow cooker is an easy way to do that and save time. I am still new to this crock pot, fresh food game, so I am beginning with some simple recipes with foods we commonly eat, cooked in a different manner. We often have sausage for dinner with various veggies or sides, each week. We also utilize green beans, often, but usually the kind dumped out of a can and warmed well.
The ingredients you will need for your crock pot green beans, potato and sausage dinner are a package sausage, whichever kind you prefer. We often use turkey sausage for a lower fat content. Then grab some large potatoes, like russet potatoes. Fill a veggie bag with fresh green beans with 2 to 3 cups. The rest of the ingredients you likely already have at home. These include salt, pepper and water.
Prepare your sausage by cutting up into bite size pieces. Remove any remaining stems and cut your green beans smaller, if you desired. Then wash to ensure any dirt or residue is removed. Wash and cut your potatoes into bite size pieces. You can peel if you like; we leave the peel on. Finally, combine all of your ingredients into the crock pot, fill with water and plug in. Turn heat on high and let come to a simmer, then turn to low heat. Cook on low approximately 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender. When ready, put servings on plate and let cool a couple of minutes. Then serve up your yummy and easy crock pot green beans, potatoes and sausage dinner!
- 1 package sausage
- 2-3 cups fresh green beans
- 2-3 large potatoes
- 4 cups water (or enough to fill crock pot)
- Desired amount Salt, Pepper
- Prepare your sausage by cutting up.
- Ready your fresh green beans by removing any stems and washing.
- Wash and cut potatoes.
- Combine all ingredients into crock pot, add water to fill. Salt and Pepper, as desired.
- Turn heat on high and let come to simmer.
- Turn heat to low and let cook approx. 8 hours, until potatoes are tender.